Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


It's those little moments you take for granted. The family things you do every year, but when it is a miracle for all the schedules to come together you really appriciate those times. I was supposed to be off work today and we decided that rain or shine we were going to the pumpkin patch. Then the boss told me I had to work and we agreed on a night shift this I didn't have to change my plans. So we did it. We put on our boots and prepared ourselves for a muddy day. It wasn't that bad, no rain and hardly any mud. We climbed hay piles and hoped back down, went through a hay maze, picked out the perfect pumpkins and even milked a cow. Yep the girl from San Diego finally milked a cow. And by the way, for those who have not tried it, it's not like you see in the movies. Oh and it fells really weird too. But now after 28 year I can say I have done it, right?

It was a great morning and now I have to start getting ready for work. I finally got tired of such and unpredictable schedule, I told the bosses that I am no longer available of Thurdays and Fridays. At least now I can have some set days to get the things done around here. Hopefully that will be that start to finding my balance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Balance... that much needed element in life. It is difficult to find and takes major intentional effort. Sounds like you're finding some pieces that can settle into place... day by day... staying focused and knowing your goals.