Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Babies and Tickets

I had the privilege of babysitting a sweet little boy today. I love babies, but I do not want anymore of my own. So a friend was in need of last minute child care and it worked out well with my schedule for the day. He was so sweet and Kylie was just the best assistant babysitter ever.



While we were babysitting we had a visit from a friend I haven't seen much since she moved away. Elina and I have been friends for at least 10 years now. She was this anti baby women when we met, terrified of their germs, annoyed by every sound they made, and now she is one of the most amazing mommies I have ever met. She loves little Ellie like a perfect mommy should. We sat for a while and talked mom talk then headed out for lunch. It was a great morning and afternoon.



Then it happened...I got my first ticket in 7 years. I even tried telling the officer that I was trying to get a job at a police department and I needed to keep my record clean, but the stupid CHP officer didn't care. He did tell me that I was welcome to take driving school online to clear it from my record, wasn't that thoughtful? So my wonderful day turned kinda crappy in an instant.

Now my children are heading out the door to go with Grandma, they are having a little birthday party for Grandpa tonight and I have to work. I'm sure the night will be better then the day ended up.

No comments: