Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Where I stand...

My class is making me crazy. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA till now and this class is the first time that my grade depends so much on a group effort. We each have to write a paper on one topic then one person has to combine all the papers to make a final draft. As you can see off to the right under the "How is school going?" list we are not doing all that well. So we have 2 down and 6 to go. I am the only one going full force with every extra credit opportunity, maybe that will make the difference. I know that I cannot have a perfect grade in every class, but it would be nice if I was in control of my grade and not depending on other people.

As for my other class I am doing really well. I have my first out of 2 essays for the semester due this Friday and I feel really good about it. I am also in the midst of trying to plan out what I need to take next semester so I can be prepared to tell any potential employer.

Then I have the news about the job search. I have applied for a dispatcher position at two different police departments. I finally, after about 2 months, got the email I was waiting for. On October 25th I will be taking the POST written test, which will determine whether or not I move forward in the application process. So I could really use the support right now, cross your fingers and wish me luck.

No comments: