Saturday, October 18, 2008

The 6 Foot Wall

Today I was at the academy and tried out the physical agility part of the course. I have been seeing a trainer for the past few months to get into better shape. So when it came to the push-ups, crunches, lunges, etc. I was ready. Yes it was hard, but I hung in there and did it better than most. But following the basic PT was my biggest fear, the 6 foot wall. Honestly I am 5 feet and 3 and a half inches tall, I don't just very high either. So how in the world was I gonna make it over this wall? I ran up the first time and barely accomplished anything. Then the instructor gave me some techniques and sent me to try again. I DID IT!! I made it over the wall and not once but 4 times today. I felt like I accomplished something, actually I know I did.

Physically this was a big deal, emotionally this was an even bigger deal. I am struggling so much in my personal life and that 6 foot wall was so symbolic of the barriers in my life and helping me realize that I can do anything I really want to do. I may need to try things and I may fail, but if I look for a new technique and try it again I might just accomplish what I wanted in the end.

No comments: