Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happiness

What is happiness???

Happiness is 4 kids that love me unconditionally. They make me smile, sometimes laugh, and other times make me want to rip my hair out! They all have that special something that makes them an individual, yet share the best qualities that would make any mommy proud.

Happiness is a husband that has shared with me in some amazing times and some of the hardest times in my whole life. We have laughed, cried, yelled and just sat in silence, but in this moment have found the ability to see why we were brought together as husband and wife.

Happiness is friends who know who you are and love you for that. Those who see you for the good, know you when you are bad, but never walk away. Eleven years ago I saw this girl that I swear was the biggest bitch, I prayed to God she was not going to be my assigned roommate...she was! Now eleven years later I thank her for all the times she was there when I needed a friend, there the laugh and cry over the many husbands (you know you are giggling Sarah), vent and brag about all our children and and who can forget the many moves (but I always found you thanks to "mom"). A little over eight years ago I was in line at the grocery store and I met another friend...and how many hours did we sit on our butts, big and pregnant, eating tuna twist pasta? You were there for me through some hard times, maybe the only person who witnessed "hell" with me. Yet here we are, not the same as we were, but here and growing. Though our friendship has had the ups and downs of the biggest roller coaster in the world, I still love, and I am so thankful you were the one to stand the day I got married (for the 2nd time) as my maid of honor and my best friend.

Happiness is a family, that may not be my own by blood, but has loved me like I am one of them. They have supported me through all the choices I have made, most of all they have made it possible for me to go back to school and pursue a dream.

Happiness is feeling successful. I have been back to school for a over a year and I have surprised myself every step of the way. At this point I have maintained a 4.0 GPA, and I just got an A+ on my midterm. Then the biggest news of all...I took the law enforcement test, a 42 is necessary to puruse the career, I score a 50.2! As much as I struggled in high school, I make myself proud everyday, just to know that I can means so much.

Last, but certainly not least, happiness is life. Some days, weeks, even months are so hard, but when it all comes together it can be so amazing. I am so thankful for all the good things in my life, and thankful that God have always helped me over those speed bumps along the way.

No comments: