Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mid-life Crisis??

When exactly does a mid-life crisis happen? Is there an age or just a point in your life? Or is it something similar to when a woman is a little grumpy and men just assume it must be PMS?

Someone suggested to me that I was experiencing "some kind of mid-life crisis". Does the fact that I am trying to find myself after all these years of being someone's wife or the mommy to 4 kids qualify me? Then does that mean that I am going to die at about 60 years old? Honestly these things have puzzled me ever since the comment was made. But honestly I associate mid-life crisis with a hot new car, and God knows that is not anywhere in my near future. So I think if the comment must be made I should really be given that 4x4, 8 inch lifted, big old tires truck I have been wanting. Don't you agree?

So this is where I stand, and yes I am taking a stand. I am continuing to be a good mommy, as good of a wife as I can possibly be, and finding myself. Haven't found me yet, but I think I am headed towards the right road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We just had a sermon directed to teenagers this weekend. It was fantastic and inspirational to everyone listening. Ron talked about all the stuff teenagers experience between 13 and 18, saying that this is such a crucial time in life to determine your direction... so be careful what direction you choose. WELL... what happens when you don't have the best environment, guidance and support and don't make the best "teen year decisions"?? You end up digging a hole instead of building your future. Then sometime in your future you hope to have the chance to build... but unfortunately you usually have to fill the hole before you can build... well friend, you've been growing and reflecting...filling a hole for quite sometime and are finally getting a chance to build! Unfortunately you have to do some overtime building to make up for the missed opportunities in your youth!

It's not a mid-life crisis... yet!! But it wouldn't hurt to get that 4X4 to carry around your "building" materials!!