Monday, October 20, 2008

Almost Disqualified

Last week I applied for a dispatch position at a very highly respected agency. So you can imagine my excitement to already have an email from them. Then I opened the email and realized they were turning my application down. Why? Because not knowing what it meant, I said no to overlapping shifts. I was so bummed and didn't want something that simple to disqualify me. So I called down there and talked to someone. The lady was so nice and I told her that I really wanted to work there. So she went in and released my application so I could change my answer and they could reconsider me. That was close!

Lesson learned: know what things are and what an agency is looking for. Be willing to accommodate them if you want to work there bad enough.

So cross your fingers for me and I will let you know what happens.

No comments: