Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If your happy and you know it...

You know that friend...we all have one...the one with the "perfect" life? The friend that everytime you call tells you have perfect her relationship is, her kids can do no wrong and everything is just wonderful. That friend that you don't want to share you feelings with or ever cry to because you feel so embarrassed, wondering how you have made these mistakes in your life when a perfect life is out there. I had that friend, you know who you are...come to find out that even when I thought my life was at it's worst, that friend's life, their everyday was worse than those moments I thought were so tough. Even though I was embarrassed about the choices I made that friend was even more embarrassed to share that not only did life suck, but they had lied about it all this time.

This came up today in a conversation with a friend. She was teeling about her friend with the "perfect" life and how sick she is of hearing about it. So here is what I wanna share...to those who are living your so-called perfect life, you don't have to put on a show, friends are here for you but we can't be if you don't tell the truth. And for those who are sick of that friend, stick it out, they might have that moment when it all just falls apart and knowing that you have struggled too will allow them to know they really aren't alone, that friend is gonna need to know they aren't alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great posting my friend.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, you are awesome. I couldnt of have said it better. Thanks for the talk yesterday!