Thursday, September 25, 2008

Contentment

Yesterday Aiden was very upset with me because I was not going to be home for dinner again. I promised him I would bring him home some chocolate cake we could share to make up for it. Thing is I felt bad with the thought that he would not get to have his cake till the next night while I was back at work yet again. So you can imagine how happy I was when the boss said I could go home early last night. Early...meaning I was cut from the floor at 7:30pm and left at 8pm and home by 8:35pm. My kids were all still awake, in bed (except Aiden), but awake. It has been so long since I have been able to hug my kids goodnight that I made a point of going in a cuddling each one of them. Then I happily went and shared some chocolate cake with Aiden before he was off to bed too. I don't think there are words that can express the contentment (is that even a word? Who knows, I like it!!) I felt being able to tuck them all in.

So this morning it was up and out the door before anyone was awake to be at school at 7:30am. I have felt a little defeated at school because I got a 14/20 on my first essay, all because I forgot to mention the case law in the paper, I referred to it but I didn't specifically state it. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA after 3 semesters and "C" papers are not the way. So can be sure I am going to take up the offer to do any extra credit the teacher offers. Last class he posted that for extra credit we could volunteer to role play at the police academy. So I called and set up my days to role play, 5 days to be exact, yes in my free time. So I had a little confidence boost this morning when I asked if there was extra credit for each day I volunteered and the teacher told me, "We will work something out, not that you need it," this said with a smile. I have taken a class with him before, so he knows me and how much my education means, but this class had a prereq I hadn't taken and I had to petition to get in. He signed off on it for me with the agreement that I would take the prereq class concurrently. So needless to say there is a part of me that feels like I have to prove myself in this class. Oh and by the way I already turned in the second essay and I remembered to add 800 E.C. as the statute in the paper, for those who don't know that is the Opinion Evidence rule in the Evidence Code.

No comments: