Friday, November 21, 2008

Resources

I find the more this career searching process moves forward the more exciting it gets. At this point I have participated in quite a few ride-alongs and now I have spent a good amount of time at the police academy volunteering my time. So as the nerves build up I ease my mind with all the new resources I have encountered. It honestly feels great!!

Today I went to class to take my test and then I went to the academy. When I arrived I checked in with the police chief that runs this part of the scenarios and shared my exciting news. He congratulated me and told me to sit down. We talked and he coached me for a half hour on the oral board. Then he decided it would be best for me to dispatch calls for the scenarios so that when I go to my interview next week I can honestly say I have experienced dispatch. I picked it up so fast and was highly praised at the end for my ability to run the calls with only a few minutes of training. So tomorrow I will be back out and getting a little more dispatch experience before I head off to work for the night.

I have been through so much in my life already. As much as I have thoroughly enjoyed every experience and aspect of the road behind me, there really is something so amazing in this experience. I think the past was based on my actions as a partner and now I am doing something that only involves me. I am becoming a successful women, a little more each day, and I am so proud of who I have become.

No comments: