Sunday, November 30, 2008

Friend

I have this friend that every time I wanna run away brings me back to reality, helps me stay grounded and never fails to make me smile. A friend that has so much patience for my ups and downs even though I am reminded that I am a difficult person on a somewhat regular basis. Sometimes I wonder when my friend will realize that it is not necessary to put up with my crap and run, but for some reason this friend is there to answer the phone almost every time I call.

My stepmom told me growing up that you are better off in life with one true friend that a hundred acquaintances. Granted I have more than one really good friend, this one has made me see what she meant. She was right, having that person there makes so many of the things that come up in a day ok. So I guess I can open my mind to the idea that maybe, just maybe she was right about other things too. (Don't tell her I said that though!!)

No comments: