Saturday, December 27, 2008

Updates for the Year

So this year has been tough in so many ways. The good thing is that so far we have survived and are ready to welcome a new year. I thought I would give a few updates to close out the year. If I miss anything let me know.

As for the job hunt it is officially over. I was disqualified by both departments. The first was Marin County Sheriff and after getting all the way to the prebackround interview, they said I have to work on my credit and they want me to reapply in 6 months. The other I will not say the name, but I did not make it past the oral board interview. Honestly it was such a relief. I thought I wanted to work for this department till I went on the sit in two nights before the interview. It was a horrible experience. The thing is that I was told it is not good to remove yourself from the process so I needed to be let go by the department. Once that letter came it was like a weight lifted from my shoulders.

So with that I have decided to keep waitressing and focus on school for another year. I took 6 units last semester and as you can see, I got an "A" in both classes. So next semester I am taking 12 units and 10 of the will go towards my degree. By the end of the semester I will be half way to graduating with my AA in Administration of Justice.

The kids had a great first half of the year in school and are ready to take on the second half now. i can't believer that 2009 means that Aiden will start kindergarten in the fall, DJ hits the double digits in March, Dakota is getting a little closer to not needing an aide, and Kylie will start preschool. So by mid 2009 I will have all 4 kids in schools. Sometimes it feels strange not to have a baby in my arms, but it feels great to be pursuing the next step in my life.

No comments: